M. A. P. P. (MOBILIZING FOR ACTION THROUGH PLANNING AND PARTNERSHIP)
The Florida Department of Health in Lake County and partners are creating healthier communities in Lake County
What is MAPP? Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships is a community-wide strategic planning tool for improving community health. Facilitated by public health leadership, this tool helps communities prioritize public health issues and identify resources for addressing them.
Why utilize MAPP? This four part community assessment, once completed, will assist our community in acquiring additional health care resources, strengthening our public health system, and revealing areas within our local public community needing improvements.
How did we set sail with MAPP? The first step in the process is for the community to conduct a Local Public Health System Assessment-LPHSA. WellFlorida Council facilitated this foundational meeting on June 8th at Lake Technical Center. There were a total of 24 participants-21 community partners and 3 FDOH-Lake County staff members who recorded the voting process.
Charting our course with MAPP: FDOH - Lake County has completed the data entry through CDC's supported website and has received the reports which reflect the current appraisal of the local public health system. Community partners will reconvene in the near future to identify strategic issues and formulate goals and strategies for addressing each issue, leading to community health improvement.
Use the following 10 Essential Public Health Services as a guide for navigating the results of Lake County's assessment.
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and healthhazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health- care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative