|Breastfeeding Support Group|
WIC is a federally funded supplemental food and nutrition education program. WIC serves low to moderate income women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or postpartum; infants; and children under 5 years of age.
The program provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and supplemental foods. These foods include milk, cheese, eggs, cereal high in iron, peanut butter, dry beans, fruits and vegetables, whole grains, baby foods, fruit or vegetable juice high in Vitamin C, and infants will receive baby formula. Women who are breastfeeding receive additional food such as tuna fish and carrots.
Are you eligible? In order to be a member of the WIC program, you must be at nutritional risk, currently living in Florida, and meet income requirements.
|Family Size||Weekly||Bi-Weekly||Twice Monthly||Monthly||Annual|
Clients need to call for appointments. Most walk-in clients will be seen, but it is strongly recommended that you call for an appointment.
For appointments and more information on WIC, contact the office at:
352-394-3464 Ext. 2002 (Spanish)
Florida Department of Health in Lake County
Announcements:Breastfeeding Support Group The Umatilla WIC Office holds a breastfeeding support group on the first Friday of every month. This meeting begins at 2:00 p.m. The address to the Umatilla WIC office is 249 E COLLINS ST; UMATILLA FL 32784. For more information, please call 771-5567.
What to Bring to WIC for Certification
- Bring each family member who is applying to receive WIC services
- Bring proof of all income for everyone in the household (before taxes and deductions are taken out), or If you receive Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance, or Food Stamps you are income eligible for WIC
- Bring one proof of where you live
- Bring one proof of identification for you and one proof of identification for any infant or child applying for WIC
- For each woman, infant, or child applying for WIC, you'll need:
- Recent height and weight Measurement
- Hemoglobin or Hematocrit or Blood Test Result
- Ask Doctor or Health Clinic to Fill out a WIC Medical Referral Form
- Bring Social Security # for each person
- Bring Immunization/ Shot Record for each child