Van Dee Medical Building
4 Eustis Street Eustis, FL 32726
Phone: (352) 357-1668
Fax: (352) 589-0415
(Monday thru Friday 8 AM - 5 PM)
Prescription assistance is available for low-income residents of Lake County. Assistance is limited to $900 per person, per year. A fee of $7.00 is charged per medication, up to $21.00 per visit
How do I know if I am eligible?
To be eligible for prescription assistance, you must:
- Have an income at or below 80% of HUD established poverty limits, adjusted for family size and medical expenses
- Not have assets of more than $5,000 cash value (this excludes your home and one vehicle)
- Must not have any type of prescription insurance
What are the income limits?
|Family Size||Max. Allowable Annual Income||Max Allowable Monthly Income|
If your adjusted income is equal to or less than the maximum allowable income, you may be eligible for assistance.
Contact the Lake County Health Department Prescription Assistance Program for more information and to schedule an appointment:
What do I need to bring when I apply?
- Driver's license/Identification Card and Social Security Card for everyone in household.
- Birth Certificate or Voter's ID for applicant.
- Proof of household income (recent pay stubs or S. S.) for everyone in household.
- Proof of Lake County residency (utility bill with your name and address).
- Your most recent statement of any benefits you receive (unemployment compensation, any forms of public assistance, pensions, and retirement benefits).
- Your most recent bank statements (checking accounts, savings, or certificate of deposit).
- You're most recent statements showing any dividend, interest, or annuity income.
- Documentation showing recurring medical expenses not covered by insurance (prescription medications, oxygen, physical therapy, or other treatment).
- Original prescriptions from doctor or Prescription bottles with RX #s and Refills remaining.