S.W.A.T. is Florida's statewide youth organization working to mobilize, educate, and equip Florida's youth to revolt against and deglamorize Big Tobacco. We are a united movement of Florida empowered youth working toward a tobacco free future.
- S.W.A.T. is all about us, the youth, and how we feel about being used by an industry that kills over 400,000 Americans every year. We are tired of being lied to and targeted. S.W.A.T. is our way to take a stand against corporate deceit and a way to expose the cover up that has been going on for years.
- S.W.A.T. is not only a youth advocacy group but it also promotes leadership and community involvement while focusing primarily on policy change. S.W.A.T. uses these avenues among teens to promote change regarding policy, awareness and social norms regarding the use of any tobacco products.
- S.W.A.T. is an organization available to students between the ages of 11-17 or grades 6th - 12th.
- S.W.A.T.'s message is about Big Tobacco marketing practices and exposing the manipulation of the tobacco industry.
- S.W.A.T.'s message is not about health.
- S.W.A.T. does not talk down to or "preach" to anyone, including smokers. Smokers are allowed to join S.W.A.T. because they are victims of the tobacco industry's manipulative advertising. There is one enemy, Big Tobacco.